A+T Microphone Info

Software tutorials of interest.
jstenner
Site Admin

RØDE NTG2

#11 Post by jstenner »

Rode Microphone NTG-2
rode-ntg2sm.jpg
The RØDE NTG2 is a lightweight condenser shotgun microphone, designed for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries.

Its full frequency response, low noise and audio transparency make it an ideal film, video, and voice over microphone, while its low weight (161gm/5.7oz without battery) makes it an ideal boom microphone.

In addition to the native 20Hz-20kHz frequency response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.

The NTG2 operates either from a AA (1.5V) battery or P48 phantom power which can be supplied by professional cameras, audio recorders and power supplies. The battery power option makes the NTG2 ideal for scenarios where the camera does not supply phantom power such as DSLR video.

The WSVM windshield is supplied to minimise light wind noise and plosives during recording. The optional 'DeadCat' furry is recommended for outdoor applications.
ntg-2_product_manual.pdf
RØDE NTG2 User Manual
(637.19 KiB) Downloaded 563 times
The master of disaster!

jstenner
Site Admin

Sennheiser K6 with ME66

#12 Post by jstenner »

Sennheiser K6
ME66 Capsule
sennheiser_k_6.png
Sennheiser_ME66_K6_COMBO_ME66_K6_Super_Cardioid_Mic_73100.jpg
Sennheiser_ME66_K6_COMBO_ME66_K6_Super_Cardioid_Mic_73100.jpg (8.6 KiB) Viewed 9565 times
Sennheiser_K6_overview.jpg
The K6 powering module is the heart of this Sennheiser professional modular microphone system and can be powered either by its internal 'AA' size 1.5 V battery or by 12 - 48 V phantom power. The K6 can be combined with different condenser microphone heads to provide a wide variety of polar patterns. Matt black, anodised scratch-resistant finish.

The ME 66 is a shotgun microphone head designed for use with the K6 and K6P powering modules. It is especially suitable for reporting, film and broadcast location applications and for picking up quiet signals in noisy or acoustically live environments as it discriminates against sound not emanating from the main pick-up direction. Matt black, anodised, scratch-resistant finish.
Sennheiser_K6_GB.pdf
Sennheiser K6 Info
(67.03 KiB) Downloaded 547 times
The master of disaster!

jstenner
Site Admin

Shure SM57

#13 Post by jstenner »

Shure SM57
shure_sm57_l.jpg
shure_sm57_l.jpg (6.65 KiB) Viewed 9565 times
The legendary Shure SM57 is exceptional for musical instrument pickup and vocals. With its bright, clean sound and contoured frequency response, the SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording.

The SM57 has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern that isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds.

Outstanding performance, reliability, and application diversity make this "workhorse" the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers worldwide.
shure_sm57_ug.pdf
Shure SM57 User Guide
(939.03 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
The master of disaster!