The Art + Technology Program has a number of services that require an account on the main A+T server at art-tech.arts.ufl.edu. This includes:
- Your own website with greater capacity and additional features in comparison to UF-plaza at http://art-tech.arts.ufl/~your-shortname
- Ability to login, post and download papers on my course wiki at http://art-tech.arts.ufl.edu/~jack/wiki (required for my classes)
- Ability to login and post to this bulletin board: http://art-tech.arts.ufl.edu/bb
- Ability to login and post images to the main website front page: http://art-tech.arts.ufl.edu/gal/pushpull/ [DEFUNCT]
- Ability to login and add images to the student gallery: http://art-tech.arts.ufl.edu/gal/ [DEFUNCT]
- Ability to share files amongst students and faculty. This is often used for class purposes, such as movies, tutorials, projects, etc.
First Step: Connect to Server Second Step: Enter the address
TIP: click the + button to add the address to your Favorite Servers list so you don't have to type it manually the next time. Third Step: Enter your shortname and temporary password Fourth Step: Reset your password Fifth Step: Mount your home directory (the share with your shortname) Sixth Step: See your home directory in the Finder Once you've completed the steps above, you will not be presented the "Reset your password" dialog, and will use your new/personal password for login from now on.
Starting with Mountain Lion (10.8) Server, if you want to serve web pages from your account, you'll need to create a folder in your home directory and name it "Sites" (case is significant). Any html, php files you place in this directory will be available at http://art-tech.arts.ufl.edu/~your-shortname
Notice the tilde (~) before your username. The Apache webserver is configured to require this tilde before your name in order to serve files.
NOTE: Your username and password on art-tech.arts.ufl.edu are NOT the same as your gatorlink info. This is specific to the art-tech server. There is also an art-tech-lab server, which is tied to the UF gatorlink system. This is the server that allows you to log into the FAC306 lab computers. As such, use your gatorlink info when logging into the machines. Everything discussed above is specifically for file sharing and art-tech web services access. Remember art-tech and art-tech-lab are distinct servers.
LAST: After you log into my wiki for the first time, email me. I will need to configure some things on your account to give you special permissions.
If you have any problems, just email me.